Pages

Saturday 13 July 2019

Camping Theme



A camping theme during the summer is a great idea- these are my pics from a daycare I work at. They are great for speech, preschool or indoor play on rainy days :(

I used the book Pete the Cat Goes Camping to tie it into the theme. Pete books are great for preschoolers :)




I use the food for vocabulary- talking about attributes descriptive words, sorting healthy and not healthy foods, etc.

The Melissa & Doug food can be cut in half, and you can also talk about the sequence of making burgers, s’mores, and other fun camping “foods.”


Some of the words I use while playing with the food are:
over, flip, next, on top, cook, grill, in, over, finished, healthy, more, then, colours, etc.


Some of the words I use while playing with the tent are:
in, out, beside, sleeping, awake, top, bottom, side, open, closed, etc.

 


I have my own Camping book that you can try out too:
Its a straightforward, repetitive book for you kids who have severe delays. You can use it to introduce vocabulary, and there are other activities in it. :)


Camper, Camper, What Do You See?Camper, Camper, What Do You See? 

I also have some summer interactive books that are great for 
prepostions, concepts, vocabulary and opposites. 

 Summer Interactive Book
Summer Interactive Book

Summer Interactive Book


0 comments:

Post a Comment