Pages

Wednesday 27 January 2016

Play-doh mats for Expressive Language!!

Playdough Mats {First Words}

Recently I've started working with some kids at a school who have severely delayed expressive language skills. I had to go on the hunt to get some fun and motivating activities. I haven't used play-doh much in speech so I thought it might be a good fit since my kids are about 4 years old.
 


Instead of just using these mats the way they were designed, I threw in my own twist. I would explain the item and then the child has to find it and cover it up with play-doh after they say the word. With the kids who were more advanced, I got them to say I found the _ _ _. Using the mats this way is also great for receptive language! These Playdough mats are by Primary Punch! Thank you Primary Punch for making them FREE! You Rock!

:) 
Cheers,
Mindy

0 comments:

Post a Comment