Pages

Friday 24 January 2014

3rd Annual Treaty 6 Educators' Conference

I am so excited to announce that I will be presenting at the 3rd Annual Treaty 6 Conference. YAYY!





I will be presenting to educators on how to target speech and language in the classroom. When I talk to teachers I get the same question over and over- How can I target speech and language in the classroom? This is a great question for places where there are limited speech and language services for children and also for carry over for the children who are receiving services.
Here is a sneak peak at a few of my ideas.

  • know what skills the age of your students should have. If it is recommended that your students have regular plurals - don't fuss over them not using irregular plurals.
  • sounds- same idea, if your students don't have to be using the 'r' sound then don't worry about hearing "wabbit".
  • if they are using incorrect grammar or sounds- don't make a big deal of it just model it back for them correctly.
  • Use books to model and bombard the correct sounds and correct language targets.
  • Have fun!
Just  a few quick tips!
See some of you at the Conference I will be presenting on January 30th! 

www.teachersfirst.ca








Cheers, Mindy

1 comment: