Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Visuals

Visuals are so important for home and in the class! When we are not using visuals it can result in stressed out kids and teachers.

I have kids who are struggling at school and I am sure their parents need some support at home (Hey! I'm a mom too! I know how hard it is! ;) So why don't we help/share the ideas of visuals, with parents. At the very least, we should be using them at school. :)


The benefits to using picture visuals are

*increased independence
*reduced anxiety (children know what will happen next)
*increase literacy skills- learn some sight words
*helps kids who learn visually rather than auditory


I wanted to post some of my favorite visuals for you!


For home-

From A is for Adventures of Home School 

Visual Home Schedule 




For the classroom-

From The Speech Buzz
Visual Supports for Autism Megapack - Assists Behavior and Communication


Short and sweet! Hope you like these visuals!


:)
Mindy

0 comments:

Post a Comment