Pages

Friday 12 June 2020

Teaching Concepts

                                       Teaching Concepts and Sequencing- First, Next, Last, Before and After

Teaching Concepts can be difficult especially before and after!

Before and after is so important for school. Teachers use so many concepts throughout the day when they are giving directions and if the kids don't understand these concepts it can leave them in the dust. They won't be doing what they need to be doing, when they need to do it and how it should be done!




When I teach before and after I start off with a line up of manipulatives (above I used vehicles but you can use whatever you have) and talk about what is before and after. After they understand that and can show they me understand I move on to using before and after in time. Before you touch the cat, touch the bear.













IT can be difficult to explain (let alone teach!!) so I made a pack that takes you  step by step!

0 comments:

Post a Comment