Pages

Friday 3 August 2018

Quiet Books

Hey!

 http://creatingcommunicators-mindy.blogspot.com/2018/08/quiet-books.html

I recently purchased a  Quiet Book from Etsy because we were going on a long road trip and I wanted to keep my little guys hand busy. There are so many benefits for the little people in our world so I thought I would share some of my ideas here. You can also use them in speech therapy if you have groups, one kids gets to play with the quiet book while you are working with another or you can use it along side your student to help tackle language and social skills, and fine motor goals.

I did a post on quiet books a while ago, read it here.


The benefits of Quiet Books

1.  Teach Concepts- you can teach concepts like color and size. This page is a good one for on top, over, under, above, below, bottom, big, bigger, & biggest.  

   

This page is, of course, great for number concepts but you can also use more and less than too. You can try it for social skills, like turn taking.


 Another great page for concepts, put it in, take it out but you can also talk about vocabulary. What else grows in the garden...


These pages can be used for following directions, first, next, last and fine motor skills. 



Would you use a quiet book in therapy? How? I'd love to hear your ideas, leave me a comment. 

Cheers Big Ears!
Mindy

0 comments:

Post a Comment