Pages

Monday 11 June 2018

Free OT products

With Creating Communicators, I have started providing more OT services to schools. Recently, I have been working with an OT that has lots of experience, and she has been giving me information that I can pass on to teachers. Now, we all know that OT skills are so crucial for all kids and in every classroom. They need to work on writing skills, scissors, self-regulation, gross motor skills, and so much more. Not only are OT skills important for our general classrooms, but many of these skills are essential for our speech caseload too. Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to take the place of the OT. We definitely need them! But sometimes educating us can help us to make better referrals to OT and help teachers (and definitely our kids!) Once in a while you have kids, and you go "hmmm!? What is going on here?!" ( I know I do!) Having a little bit of background knowledge in OT can help the kids, help the teachers, and help OT's. When you see kids, you can say-  I think they may be having troubles in this area...




While I was looking for some OT products, I found Tiny Tackers Therapy Store on TPT. WOW! What a great store! They have some really great products, and I thought I would share some of my favorite free products that they have!


Self regulation Emotions Feelings: No Prep Activities - I spy FREEBIE  

"This activity is designed to assist students learning emotion recognition skills, emotion regulation, feels behavior management, etc.
This product contains:
1 x counting I spy (i.e., how many happy faces can you find?)
1 x coloring I spy (i.e., color all the happy faces red)

Being an 'I Spy' product, students are also working on visual perceptual skills. This refers to the brain's ability to make sense of what the eyes see. Visual perception is needed in the classroom for copying from the board and discriminating between different letters of the alphabet."

Hand & Finger Strength - Information handout Parents and T  
"Handout for parents and teachers on hand and finger strength.
Hand and finger strength is important for lots of everyday activities including doing up buttons and zips, handwriting, using scissors, etc

List lots of different activity ideas and provides examples and pictures on how to assist your child at home and school to develop their hand and finger strength!"


Self Regulation - Parent/Teacher Handout

"Parent/student information sheet to assist children to develop emotion regulation skills.
Includes:
- What is emotion regulation?
- Why is it important?
- How can I help? - strategies to help students/children
- List of emotion words grouped into similar feeling groups."



0 comments:

Post a Comment