Pages

Monday 29 June 2015

Speech at the ..... Carnival

Hey Everyone!

During the summer many kids do not attend speech therapy (usually because they receive it at school) and I thought what can I do to help? So, this summer every Monday I will be posting ideas of how you can enhance your child's speech and language skills at different spots that people frequent during the summer. I will be posting on the zoo, carnival, parade, camping, and much more!


Today is my first post- the carnival!


Trick 1- Sequencing the Rides!When you are lining up talk about which rides you will go on and use the words first, next, last, second, third, etc.

Trick 2- Food! Talk about the foods- choose 2 and explain how are they the same and how are they different. For example hot dogs and corn on the cob are both long but one is meat and the other is a vegetable, etc. Next ask your child to label 1 thing that is the same and 1 that is different.

Trick 3- Labeling the attributes of the Rides! Talk about the rides, how are they the same and different. For example the swing goes around and around but the roller coaster goes up and down but they are both painted red, etc.

Trick 4-Talk about the sounds in each of the rides. Swing- the first sound is /s/, the last sound is /ng/, etc. You can go on to talk about words that rhyme with the name, real or nonsense words. Swing, ring, ling, ding, etc. 

Here is a little pack I've designed around the carnival, check it out!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Carnival-Language-Activities-1898625


I hope you enjoyed this post!
I would love to hear some of your ideas and any requests for places you would like me to post on!


Cheers,
Mindy

0 comments:

Post a Comment